Best views of ASU: Top 5 sunset spots on campus

Enjoy the view of Arizona's sunsets at these top places

The Echo-top-5-sunset-views.jpg

Places around ASU's Tempe Campus to watch the sunset on Monday, Oct. 7, 2024, in Tempe.

Arizona is known for its stunning sunsets. Most evenings around 6 p.m., the sky turns into a string of bright orange and pink, giving you a satisfying ending to your day. If you're looking for the next place with gorgeous sunset views, you're in the right place. Here's a guide to the top five places to watch the sunset on ASU's campus.

Skyline of west Tempe from the top floor of the Wexler Hall building on Monday, Oct. 7 in Tempe.

5. Wexler Hall

Wexler Hall is the headquarters of the School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, but you don't need math to understand that this spot is one of the maximums on the sunset view function. Head up to one of the highest floors by taking the elevator and look out the window on your right. Even though there's a glass barrier between you and the sky, the view is still commendable. 

Looking out over campus and seeing notable buildings, such as Old Main, allows you to soak in the palm trees and Tempe skyline as the sun goes down.

Skyline of west Tempe from the top of University Bridge on Monday, Oct. 7 in Tempe.

4. University Bridge

If you're looking for a view with palm trees and a beautiful view, head over to the bridge between Tooker and Palm Walk. Placed in the center of the road, the top of the bridge allows you to see both sides of the sky. With a straight line of palm trees on your horizon, enjoy the orange and pink background before the night begins.

Skyline of west Tempe from the Creativity Commons fourth floor balcony on Monday, Oct. 7, in Tempe.

3. Creativity Commons Balcony Fourth Floor

Creativity Commons, strategically located near the center of campus, has a balcony view looking out toward the west end of campus. With a line of sights such as "A" Mountain, this view gives you the opportunity to watch an orange skyline slowly bleed to black. 

Even though Creativity Commons is usually busy, taking the stairs outside the building onto the balcony could be a perfect way to avoid the rush. 

READ MORE: Sleep around at ASU: Top 5 places to take a nap on campus

Skyline of west Tempe from the top of the Vista Del Sol parking garage on Monday, Oct. 7 in Tempe.

2. Vista Del Sol Parking Garage

On the extreme south end of ASU's Tempe Campus, the Vista Del Sol Parking Garage has the potential to be one of the best spots to watch the sunset. 

Head up to the fifth floor and take a look into the horizon. This spot provides a great view of Tempe's skyline as well as the background of the Phoenix mountains. When the sunset comes into view, enjoy the all-encompassing panorama this parking garage has to offer.

Skyline of west Tempe from the seventh floor of the Life Sciences E tower on Monday, Oct. 7 in Tempe.

1. Life Sciences E

Studies and sunsets come alive in the Life Science E tower. Heading up to one of the highest floors and looking out on the balcony gives you one of the best views of the sunset on ASU's campus. The height of the view is already striking, and the clear line of sight of the west allows you to soak up the sunset at its peak.

Edited by Andrew Dirst, Abigail Beck and Natalia Jarrett.

Reach the reporter at gachatht@asu.edu

Gokul AchaththekootThe Echo Reporter

Gokul is a sophomore studying actuarial science. This is his third semester with The State Press.

×