Where to vote on the four major ASU campuses

Polling locations are open on all four major campuses at the University for ballot drop off and in-person voting

Politics-campus-polling-locations

A voter enters the Burton Barr Public Library polling location to cast their ballot on Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020 in Phoenix.

As a collaborative effort between Associated Students of ASU and the Dean of Students office, early voting for the November election arrived on all four campuses with the help of Maricopa County and local officials.

Leading up to Nov. 5, the four major University campuses will have polling locations for students, so they can easily access voting stations coming up to Election Day. Voters can cast their ballots either in person on campus or through the mail. All votes should be cast by Nov. 5 at 7 p.m. for them to be counted in the 2024 Election.

Mail-in ballots can also be dropped off at any polling location for them to be counted, but if that is not possible, it is recommended by the U.S. Postal Service to send in ballots a week before the deadline. 

"By not voting, you're essentially silencing yourself," said El Hadji Bane, a junior studying computer systems engineering. "Politically, you're not able to express your favor for any policy, any political candidate. Essentially, you're letting other people choose for you, other people that may or may not align with your ethics or morality."

All polling locations opened for early voting on Oct. 9, and will continue to run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day except Sundays until Oct. 28. From Oct. 28 to Nov. 1, the locations will stay open for voting from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. After Nov. 1, polling will resume from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Election Day, the polls are open from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. 

Tempe Campus

The Tempe Campus set up its polling location at the Sun Devil Fitness Center on 400 E. Apache Blvd. Parking is available at the Apache Boulevard Parking Structure and is free for the period of voting. 

Downtown Campus

For Downtown students, the polling location can be found at the A.E. England Building on 424 N. Central Ave. This is across the street from the University Center near Civic Space Park. Parking is available behind the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication building at Taylor Street garage for $4 an hour for up to four hours.

Polytechnic Campus

For the Polytechnic campus in Mesa, students can cast their ballot at the Student Union, specifically the Cooley Ballroom, at 5999 S. Backus Mall. Parking is available at Lot 10 for $3 an hour or $12 a day.

West Valley Campus

Students at West Valley will be able to go to the Verde Dining Pavilion at 4781 W. University Way North to vote. Parking is available at Lot 11 for $3 an hour or $12 a day.

Edited by Senna James, Abigail Beck and Alysa Horton.

Reach the reporter at gheadle@asu.edu and @George_Headley7 on X.

George Headley Politics Editor

George is a sophomore studying journalism and mass communication. This is his third semester with The State Press. He has also worked at Times Media Group.

×