Sun Devil Snapshot: ASU football's Zane Gonzalez kicks game-winner in OT

NCAA cross country champion Shelby Houlihan poses when recognized with at a home football game against Utah on Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014. Senior Shelby Houlihan won a Pac-12 title on Friday with a time of 19:59 in the 6,000 meter circuit in Oakland, California, and finished first in the 1,500-meter race at nationals last summer 4:18.10.

Freshman setter Madison McDaniel and junior middle blocker Andi Lowrance go up to block during the game against Colorado on November 2nd, 2014. The Sun Devils' late comeback attempt came up short vs the Buffs as they lost 3-2. (Photo by Daniel Kwon) Freshman setter Madison McDaniel and junior middle blocker Andi Lowrance go up to block during the game against Colorado on November 2nd, 2014. The Sun Devils' late comeback attempt came up short vs the Buffs as they lost 3-2. (Photo by Daniel Kwon)

5 — Sets ASU volleyball needed to knock off unranked Utah on Friday. The Sun Devils won the decisive fifth set 15-13.

0 — Goals scored by ASU soccer in its last three games. The Colorado Buffaloes extended the drought with a 2-0 win over the Sun Devils Friday.

23 — Saves recorded by freshman goaltender Jordan Gluck in his debut in net for ASU hockey, a 2-1 OT win over Colorado. The No. 2 Sun Devils went 3-0 on the weekend, outscoring Colorado State 15-2 on Friday and Saturday.

Sophomore place kicker Zane Gonzalez attempts a field goal in the 2nd half of the game against Utah on Nov. 1, 2014. ASU defeated Utah in overtime 19-16. (Photo by Andrew Ybanez) Sophomore place kicker Zane Gonzalez attempts a field goal in the 2nd half of the game against Utah on Nov. 1, 2014. ASU defeated Utah in overtime 19-16. (Photo by Andrew Ybanez)

.778 — Combined field goal percentage of sophomore kickers Zane Gonzalez and Andy Philips in Saturday's contest between ASU and Utah. Each side only scored a single touchdown, and field goals accounted for 21 of the 35 total points scored in ASU's overtime win.

19 — Point total for ASU football in Saturday's win, the lowest for the Sun Devils this season.

1 — Yard distance of current Arizona Cardinal and ASU football alumnus Marion Grice's first touchdown against the Dallas Cowboys capping a 28-17 road win.

NCAA crosscountry champion Shelby Houlihan poses when recognized with at a home football game against Utah on Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014. Senior Shelby Houlihan won a Pac-12 title on Friday with a time of 19:59 in the 6,000 meter circuit in Oakland, California, and finished first in the 1,500-meter race at nationals last summer 4:18.10. (Photo by Alexis Macklin) NCAA cross country champion Shelby Houlihan poses when she is recognized with track and field champion Bryan McBride at a home football game against Utah on Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014. (Photo by Alexis Macklin)

2 — Individual national champions recognized Saturday from the ASU cross country and track and field programs. Senior Shelby Houlihan won a Pac-12 title on Friday with a time of 19:59 in the 6,000 meter circuit in Oakland, California, and finished first in the 1,500-meter race at nationals last summer with a time of 4:18.10. Bryan McBride won the high jump in June, and was the first ASU athlete to win in the high jump since 1977.

Reach the assistant sports editor at smodrich@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @StefanJModrich

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepressport on Twitter.

×