No. 14 ASU vs. Washington: By the Numbers

UW 21 The jersey numbers of redshirt junior wide receiver Jaelen Strong and junior defensive back Marcus Peters, two of the nations premiere players at their respective positions lined up across from one-another during the game.

UW 64 A new career long punt for ASU sophomore punter Matt Haack came in the 1st quarter. His previous career mark was 57 yards which he accomplished versus Colorado earlier this year.

UW 3 Consecutive games with a TD catch from Strong. Strong hauled in the infamous “Jael Mary” to beat USC in Week 6; a 3-yard TD catch from redshirt junior quarterback Mike Bercovici against Stanford; and a 16-yard TD catch from redshirt senior quarterback Taylor Kelly tonight versus Washington.

UW 17ASU defense has allowed 17 total first half points from opponents in their previous three games. It had allowed 62 points to opponents in first halves of the first four games this year.

UW 44 Todd Graham has called a timeout when his defense is facing third down 44 times in his three years at ASU and the defense has forced fourth down or a turnover on the ensuing play on 31 of those occasions (70.5 percent).

UW 61 The reported wind gust on the 520 bridge, which is located directly east of Husky Stadium. Both Graham and Washington coach Chris Petersen admitted the heavy wind affected both teams on both sides of the ball.

UW 4 ASU has won 4 consecutive road games this season, a mark they hadn’t achieved since the 1997 season. The Sun Devils will have a chance for 5-0 in three weeks; would be the first time in school history.

UW 2 ASU defense forced 3 turnovers while the offense only surrendered one to a vaunted Washington defense. Redshirt junior Demetrius Cherry recovered a sack fumble, while redshirt junior Jordan Simone and freshman Armand Perry collected INT’s.

UW 8931Kelly overtook Jake Plummer (8,711) to claim the third overall spot on ASU’s all-time total offense list. The Sun Devils had 285 yards total offense tonight.

UW 1 Following the Sun Devils’ 24-10 win versus Washington, and USC’s 24-21 loss to Utah, Arizona State maintains sole possession of 1st place in the Pac-12 South. The Sun Devils are 6-1 overall, 4-1 in the Pac-12.

Graphics by sports reporter Evan Webeck.

Reach the reporter at csafran@asu.edu or follow him on twitter @ChrisSafran

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow them on Twitter @statepresssport

×