Tempe Police: Woman arrested on suspicion of assaulting mother

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

A 49-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Nov. 15 on the 700 block of West 12th Street on suspicion of domestic violence assault, according to a police report.

The woman assaulted her mother by grabbing a cell phone out of her hands, police said.

The woman's mother intended to call the woman’s uncle to tell him his truck had been taken without permission by the woman’s boyfriend, according to the report.

The woman’s mother had a quarter-inch laceration to her nail bed, the report said.

A background search revealed the woman had three previous arrests for domestic violence with the past seven years, and in each of the arrests, the victim was the woman’s mother, the report said.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held, according to the report.

A 25-year-old Casa Grande man was arrested Nov. 16 at a Motel 6 on the 1700 block of South Priest Drive on suspicion of drug and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

Police contacted the man while responding to a welfare check of his girlfriend’s child, police said.

A family friend called police to notify them of possible child abuse, according to the report.

Officers entered the motel room and found a useable amount of marijuana on a bedside table, along with a jar containing more marijuana and a scale, the report said.

The man said the drugs were his and he used them and the scale for his own personal use, police said.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

Reach the reporter at cncalde1@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @katie_calderon

×