Police: Woman found passed out in hotel laundry room with drugs

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

• A 23-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested Oct. 23 on the 4900 block of South Wendler Drive on suspicion of forgery and dangerous drug and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

The woman was found passed out on the laundry room floor of the Studio 6 Hotel on Wendler Drive, the report said.

Her possessions were scattered around the room and were identified as hers once she woke up, according to the report.

Among those items were various pills including Xanax and Clonazepam, syringes, spoons and prescription scripts, police reported.

The report said she was noticeably lethargic when talking with the officers, and she told them she had recently used heroin.

She was taken to Tempe City Jail, where police said they found more drugs in her left bra, according to the report.

She was booked and later released pending charges, according to police.

•  

• A 53-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Oct. 21 on the 700 block of West Washington Street on suspicion of criminal trespassing, according to a police report.

A light rail security guard contacted the man after he was seen walking northbound on the light rail track that crosses over Tempe Town Lake, the report said.

The man called the security guard a “rent-a-cop” and continued to walk away from him, according to the report.

Police arrived and detained the man, who said the only reason he was on the tracks was because it’s the only way he knows how to get home, police reported.

Police took him to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held, the report said.

•  

Reports compiled by Mark Remillard.

Reach the reporter at mark.remillard@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @markjremillard

×