Last weekend, I was walking through Tempe when I noticed something unusual about the campus: a new banner hanging from the side of every streetlight. It was a Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim banner, and the new decor surrounding the campus means one thing: Baseball season is finally here.

To baseball fans everywhere, March symbolizes the return of America’s pastime. With teams getting back on the diamond in both Arizona and Florida, the boys of summer are making their slow return to center stage, but the start of spring training means more than just the return of baseball.

The start of spring training is a reminder of the life we live during the summer — the life that includes going to the beach, lake or just relaxing poolside in your own backyard. Summer is when barbecues take up our days and bonfires occupy our nights. It is when Saturday afternoon and Sunday night mean one thing: baseball.

Spring training is a symbol of the memories soon to come. Before we know it, we will be spending our days making memories and adventuring to places we’ve never been.

Spring training marks way more than just the beginning of the baseball season. It marks the beginning of the good life.

×