Tempe police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 35-year-old man was arrested Thursday morning on charges of theft of a means of transportation and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Police reported they found the man sitting in the running car on the 1000 block of East Apache Boulevard.

A search revealed a marijuana pipe, which contained residue of the drug, according to the police report.

He was taken to Tempe City Jail for booking.

• A 51-year-old woman was arrested early Thursday afternoon and charged with two counts of sale of a narcotic drug.

Police reported they arrested the woman after she sold cocaine to undercover officers on the 2000 block of East Apache Boulevard.

The woman was booked and held at Tempe City Jail.

• A 24-year-old man was arrested Thursday on charges of possession of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia on the 1000 block of East Southern Avenue, police reported.

Police stopped the man while driving and found a clear bag of marijuana next to the driver's seat, according to the police report.

He was booked at the Tempe City Jail and release is pending.

• A 27-year-old man was arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana near Arizona Mills Mall Thursday afternoon.

After seeing suspicious activity, police stopped the man while driving, reports said.

An officer reported the odor of marijuana in the car and then found the drug in the glove compartment.

The man was booked at Tempe City Jail and release is pending.

• An 18-year-old female ASU student was arrested late Thursday on charges of possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of a narcotic drug and having a false ID to obtain liquor on the 400 block of East Veterans Way.

Police reported the woman admitted to smoking marijuana in a parked car.

After police searched her, they found cocaine in her jeans pocket and a false New York driver's license, according to the report. The woman then admitted she used the license to buy alcohol, police reported.

She was booked at Tempe City Jail, released on the drug charges, but held to see a judge about the false ID, according to the police report.

Reports compiled by Claudia Koerner. Reach the reporter at claudia.koerner@asu.edu.

×