1. Gold Bar Espresso:

Gold Bar is family-owned by some of the nicest people you will ever meet, not to mention a delightful place to get your caffiene fix. Try a taste of their most popular drink, the mocha especiale, made with Ghiradelli chocolate. There is even a magic eight ball next to the register -- for those hard decisions.

2. Three Roots Cafe:

This house-turned-coffee shop is nestled next to a frame store across from ASU on Mill Avenue. With eclectic furniture, appealing art and autumn-themed walls, Three Roots is an ideal hangout. Three Roots also has its own cook preparing vegan and vegetarian meals daily.

3. Mill's End:

Located at the end of Mill Avenue, this coffee house is the perfect study environment. Mill's End offers a wide selection of drinks, pastries and snacks to choose from. You can even grab a hookah and smoke out on the patio. Plenty of seating is available for your comfort. This is just the right place to get to know your date after dinner or meet up with some friends.

4. Xtreme Bean:

Since Xtreme Bean closes at midnight and opens at 5 a.m., it might as well be open 24 hours--and it is on Fridays and Saturdays. Xtreme Bean features all genres of live music as well as two quiet study rooms. With breakfast burritos, sandwiches, pastries and flavored lattes, it's no wonder that Xtreme Bean is one of our favorite places.

5. Cupz Coffee:

Newly-opened on College Avenue next to the ASU Foundation Building, Cupz Coffee not only serves coffee but a selection of deli sandwiches, salads and pastries as well. Another plus -- Sun Dollars are accepted here.

Reach the reporter at tiffany.tcheng@asu.edu.

×