Union Gallery's Eddy exhibit runs through Dec. 19

The travelling exhibit honoring the life of women's rights pioneer Mary Baker Eddy will stay at the Memorial Union's Union Gallery through Dec. 19 before moving to the University of Arizona.

The exhibit, which features video displays, telephone listening stations, along with free buttons and posters, came to the ASU campus on Nov. 2.

On Nov. 13, Dr. Joe Foote, director of the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Telecommunications, and Dr. Mary Rothschild of the Women's Studies and History department, welcomed the exhibit during a discussion of Eddy's life, the statehood of 19th century women, and the Christian Science Monitor - the newspaper Eddy started - and its impact on world affairs.

Also at the reception, an official from Secretary of State Betsey Bayless' office presented the touring exhibit with a proclamation from Bayless honoring Eddy's life.

The exhibit's stop at ASU is just one of many on the tour's schedule. It started in Washington, D.C, in 1999 and will come to a close in May of next year with a stop at Santa Fe Community College in N.M.

For more information about Mary Baker Eddy and the touring exhibit honoring her life, visit www.marybakereddy.org.

×