Students not worried about flying home for holidays

1611gqpg
Mike Falerits, Acting/Directing Sophomore, "Knock on wood, no. It´s really a chance thing now."

With the Thanksgiving holiday around the corner, the issue of flying affects many ASU students. ASU is known for having a large out of state population, which means many students will be flying back East to see family and friends soon. Angelica Consiglio, an interdisciplinary studies senior, lives in New Jersey and is scared to fly into Newark's airport. Although there are many East-coasters apprehensive about the five to six hour flight. students flying to the West Coast do not seem as worried.

ASU Web Devil reporter Casey Boynton spoke with several students to get the word on the street. She asked students, "Are you scared to fly home for Thanksgiving?"

Califo Yuko, Communication Senior, "No, because I am flying Southwest and I don´t think anyone wants to hijack them."

Ashley Robinson, Communication Senior, "No. I´m not scared because if I am going to die, I´m going to die. I can´t control my fate."

Aran Kelly, Broadcasting Senior, "It´s a bit of a concern. But your more likely to get hit by lightening."

Larry Joe, MBA, "I don´t like to fly but I´m not scared a plane is going to blow up."

×