Jax Thai Bar good place to start night out

The search for a starting place made it's way to Jax Thai Bar Thursday night.

Model-caliber men and women in their 20s cruise to Jax with their Prada wallets to start their nights on the town. The staff adds to the atmosphere with their good looks and charm.

The bar, an upscale two-story place located at Mill Avenue and Fifth Street, was just that kind of place. Jax is designed to give patrons a feel of the best of two California hotspots - Los Angeles and San Francisco.

The mood is hip and trendy and even serves twist of retro from the DJ upstairs. The preferred apparrel at Jax is moderalty dressy, so if you wear black you will fit in.

On this Thursday, Jax was not packed, but there were several groups of students sitting at dinner tables drinking martinis and rum and Cokes.

These students are spending more money than most, too. While there is no cover charge to get into Jax, drinks are pricey.

Patrons usually start out the evening by dining at Jax, which serves a more contemporary and non-traditional Thai dish. Jax serves food seven days a week until 10 p.m. and appetizers until 12:30 p.m.

It quickly became very apparent that those who frequent Jax who enjoy lounging on the velvet couches and prefer sipping theirs drinks rather than chugging.

×